Hey some music lovers in Wellington have a monthly meet where music is played to a theme or concept.
This month it is places. I have always assumed that in most selections the quality of the music is of paramount importance as well as its reflection on the theme. Luck would have it that Hamilton or the tron as it is locally known has a great song associated with it.
So to the Music Chosen "Fiji Baby" by Goodshirt (mp3)
Why Good Shirt
I love the pop melody the comedy in the lyric and the killer lyric
"So come on now, it's not a race we'll catch up when the end is near.
Let's fall away and disappear again.
So come on now, it's not a race we'll catch up when the end is near.
Let's fall away and disappear again."
Why Matson Jones
Came across this on a compilation provided by Jamie Lean The Cello sets off this track which has both pinache and attitude nice "New York Fuck Off" by Matson Jones (mp3)
Why LCD Soundsystem
This band have it all dance/punk/pounce. I just like the idea of a song called
"I love you new york but your bringing me down" There is often a love hate with cities and cities sins (citizens) enjoy (mp3)
No comments:
Post a Comment